Please critique: After the turkey

wingell

Thanks, Peter. Yes, Raw sounds like the format of choice. And it's on my list of challenges to conquer. (I read recently that Raw supposedly gives you an image with more latitude. Is that possible--I assumed the sensor just does what it does?) I've noticed the same thing about warm images in NG, Dick. I guess you can assume it doesn't bother me. :) Thanks, everyone, for the responses. Cheers, Bill

Raw mode allows you to capture what is essentially a parallel to a negative (or transparency), while jpegs and tiffs are essentially a "print". So a raw file is unprocessed- i.e. has not lost information, while a jpeg/tiff is processed and has lost some information forever, such as the ability to adjust color temp.<P>

I suspect for the latest Nat Geo article on modern airplanes, which was shot digitally, McNally utilized raw mode since the indoor shots appear to be color-balanced, while the article on Tango, shot with film, has that warm glow for the indoor shots. Neither is "better", it's just personal preferences...

Satisfied? Looks more like pickled, feathered, plucked, and stuffed. For a more lively expression, I'd suggest "Before the Turkey" next time.

Lots of warm-looking lighting and candles around. Doesn't bother me. I think that's typical and acceptable in a holiday family dinner setting.