waterfalls

james_kennedy2

Having been born and raised in Niagara Falls NY, I love waterfalls. I

will be posting two waterfalls pictures tonight, both taken with a

Leica IIIc with 50mm f2.0 summitar lens. Try to guess the name

and/or location of the falls, and if you have waterfalls picture, I

encourage you to post them<div>007QuN-16680984.jpg.6a0e5a6d8631706f943359598e61ad80.jpg</div>

Donald and Cesar,

Correct, first falls is Middle Falls at Letchworth State Park, NY on the Genesee River that flows north into Rochester NY. Second falls is Buttermilk Falls, Ithaca, NY. Donald, I would guess the waterfalls you posted is the American Falls portion of Niagara Falls, which has such rock formations at its base.

I like the glens in wstrn NY. Lots of little falls. Watkins Glen is cool off-season when its less crowded. The bridges afford unique opportunities. Last time I was at buttermilk falls, it was at the end of that drought we had a couple of years ago... It was almost all dried up! Funny thing... when walking the glen above it, I saw some animal prints in the sandy rock bank of a pool & thought bear cub. On my way back, I passed a man with his dog happily playing in the pool leaving the same type of prints. Sometimes the city slicker in me really comes through. :^Þ On the same trip (wstrn ny camping trip), I took a late afternoon walk to Taughannock Falls which was just a trickle. The natural amphitheater was void of any sunlight. Definitely a morning light place. My favorite glen was in Robert H. Treman State Park with its aptly named Lucifer Falls. The Fingerlakes region of NY has tons of waterfalls & is beautiful. Best time to go is in spring or fall... but next year I am bringing my crampons & going in the winter. Letchworth State park has 3 good sized waterfalls, easily accessible. The upper falls has a train trestle over it & if your stupid like me, you will go out on to said train trestle (tracks are active).

Hans,

I probably overreacted, but you did voluntarily enter a thread clearly labelel "waterfalls", knowing that you would have an allergic reaction. In a previous record-setting threat, you pretty clearly established that you were averse to people. So we are homing in on what you don't like. Is there anything you do like. I admit that if you saw nothing but waterfalls pictures, one could get tired of them, but have there really been that many posted to this forum? I should warn you that I also like rainbows, pretty sunsets, puppies, pretty girls, and nature studies. I tend not to like grimness; I don't have to come to this forum for that.

A view of Letchworth State Park looking to the south, with the Middle Falls in the middle. The upper falls with the railroad trestle that Heather bravely walked out on is near the top of the photo. This river gorge is sometimes referred to as "the grand canyon of the east". A tourist approached me to ask if I was really using a nearly 60 year old camera, and I threw him over the edge as a human sacrifice to Hans.<div>007RdE-16693284.jpg.de8db1b63854f8227dbf9c6e5915521f.jpg</div>