I'll be in NYC in March and wanted to drop into some good LF stores,

both new and used equipment. I remember seeing what looked to be a

good one in the Village in the yellow pages last time I was there,

but didn't have the time to go there. Anybody know what that store

would be? Any other suggestions other than the obvious B&H and Lens

and Repro?

Thanks,

Jim Simmons

Lens and Repro is a family business with lots of experience in large format, lots of stuff on display, and good customer service. It is 119 W. 17th Street, as I remember on the 5th floor. It's worth the visit. I get much there, especially classic lenses. Jeffry knows a lot about glass.

The quality LF dealer to the pros is foto Care. The web site does not reflect it but they have specialized in LF for 30 years. The original owner, Norbert Klebert imported many of the cameras we covet today. Probably the only place in the US with a 8x10 Granview in stock. I bought an Ebony and Ironwood 8x10 Szabad from them many years ago.

http://www.fotocare.com

Thanks, everyone. I am sure that Photo Gizzmo is the place that I was thinking of. The link was especially helpful, Jason. I did not come across that when doing a search. Probably not thorough enough. Looks like I've got a fun shopping excursion ahead of me. Wish I'd have $1100 today. Some lucky soul was the only ebay bidder on a like-new Cambo 23SF with two 6x9 backs, four lens boards, and a polaroid back. Just what I will be in the market for once I save a few more pennies.

Jim