Tokina-Nikon adapters

tomrov

I've just bought a beautiful f100 and my college tutor was enamoured

when I showed it her. Her setup is Olympus OM with a bunch of nice

tokina lenses i believe and she wondered whether it's possible to get

adapters for them to fit the new af f100. Is this at all possible coz

it sounds a bit of a long shot? Thanks. Tom.

Adapters convert the mounts, irrespective of the brands. I haven't seen an Olympus-to-NikonF adapter, but I'm sure they exist. Problem is that you're unlikely to take advantage of the metering and AF capabilities that make the F100 so great. If you're ok with full manual operation, then search for the adapter. You could try B&H or ebay.

The other problem with such adapters is that they usually only work at close distances. There were a few designed with some optical elements that allow for infinity focus, but with some degradation in sharpness.

The more practical approach is to not bother with adapters.

With a number of years in the trade I have never come across such an adaptor. The main reason for a lack of such an adaptor is that because of the reverse Nikon lock any parts on the OM lens would probably work against the Nikon parts. As other people say there would also be focusing and metering problems. I started with an Olmpus kit and the Zuiko lenses are great, but at the end of the day I always fell you are buying Nikon for the Nikon optics.

A bit like fitting Ford alloys to a Lexus the fit- but they just don't look right (and it wouldn't drive that well either)!