Shift lens and Pentax 645N

waldemar

I´m currently using the Pentax 645N and like it a lot. There´s no shift

lens for it, though. I wonder, if it´s possible to use the 4.5/75 mm

shift lens for the Pentax 67 via the adapter. And what would the focal

length of that combination be (for P67 it´s about 38 mm in 35 mm-terms.

Same for 645?). Any suggestions? Since the shift is, even second-hand,

rather expensive, i do not want to take any cances, but cannot rent it

out either.

I don't think this combination is particularly advisable. Even if the

67>645 adaptor would work, a 75mm lens on a 645, as you know, is

roughly "normal"--equal to almost a 50mm lens on 35mm. Many people

think the 75mm 6x7 shift lenses (Mamiya and Pentax), are already too

long at 38mm equivalence for most situations in which one would want a

shift lens (e.g., architectural photography). I don't know of any

simple solution to your situation; one occasionally hears of

aftermarket/third-party adaptors and lenses (wasn't there something

introduced at Photokina this year?) but they seem expensive and/or

cumbersome. Mamiya offers a 50mm shift lens for their 645, but that

would be difficult or impossible to adapt for your camera. If you need

a shift lens often, it would probably be easier to get a cheap Mamiya

body and that particular lens. fwiw...

Hi,

I just bought a fairly cheap Hartblei 45mm shift lens with 12mm of shift ability. It comes in a Pentacon 6 mount that you can probably find adapters for use with your Pentax 645.

It's a very sharp lens with excellent contrast. It is not one of those terrible quality Ukrainian made lenses. The coatings on this thing is as beautiful as that on my LF Schneiders.

They make a 65mm as well.

A 45mm on the 6x4.5 format yields a very useful wide angle equivalent of a 28mm lens in the the 135 format.

Kievcamera.com in the USA is that country's appointed agent.

<p>Zork in Germany produces a shift adapter for the Pentax 645, which it claims accepts all Pentax 6x7 lenses:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.zoerk.com/pages/p_specia.htm">http://www.zoerk.com/pages/p_specia.htm</a></p>

<p>On the same page, there's an adapter to fit Pentacon Six (Kiev 60) lenses to the Pentax 645. They will also undertake custom modifications, including adapting the Mamiya 50mm shift lens to other cameras...</p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>

• 5 months later...

I'm letting photonet members know that Zork is now setting up a new US distributor. We will be selling products directly (mostly) to end-users, rather than through dealers. This should help provide a high level of technical support (both pre- and post- sales) and good product availability. Currently, I have access to the full product line, including the newly released Voigtlander Heliars (12 and 15 mm) in a Contax G mount, and would be happy to answer any questions. Please see www.zoerk.com for product information or contact me directly (FYI, inquiries in English or Spanish from the Zork Web site will be forwarded to me as well). Email sent to zoerk@aol.com will also reach me.

I hope to have the Zork US office fully set up in the near future, an updated Web site, and product line pricing. In the meantime, contact me with any product questions or ordering info.

Yours,

Joshua Daniels / Zork Film & Phototechnic, US

• 5 years later...
I see this a lot from people asking what a particular focal length for a 67 lens hooked up to a 645, and for a 645 hooked up to a 35mm camera. From reading the manuals for the adapters it is utterly simple: If you left your 75mm lens for your 645 at home, but had the 75mm lens for the 67 with you, you attach the 67 lens via the 645 adapter and voila!.. you have the equivalent of the one you left at home (75mm). This is true for all lens lengths, and is the way it works for 645 to 35mm K mounts as well, so using the 75mm lens from your 645 will give you a 75mm focal length for your pentax K1000 when using the K adapter. Pretty simple. You can go longer in effective focal length using the adapters, but never wider.