Voightlander M digital

Sanford

With talk about dust on the sensor on the digital forum, I would be concerned about the amount of dust that might be kicked up when the shutter slaps open and shut a hundred times or when lenses are changed frequently. I wonder how Cosina/Epson will address that.

Actually, I think the dual-shutter mechanism will go a long way towards preventing dust

on the sensor. On a digital SLR, the only thing between the sensor and the outside world

(when the lens is off) is the mirror-- certainly not a hermetic seal. The two shutters on the

Bessa should prevent dust from getting in, even when changing lenses. An occasional

Dust-Off of the outer shutter may also help.

Additionally, since the Bessa shutters are metal and not cloth, I would anticipate less of a

problem with dust from shutter curtain aging with the Bessa than with a digital M.

Dave

Absent definitive information, one assumes the LCD monitor is for reviewing exposures, examining the histograms, and to display various digital-related controls.

Someone elsewhere suggested a removable LCD module, an attractive idea!

Evidently, Cosina's intent here is to provide just what a lot of film-camera enthusasts have been asking for: A digital camera with a mostly-familiar analog user interface. May they prosper!