Most useful M lenses?

david_craig1

whenever i don't have my 35 cron an occasion arises when i really wish i had it. the same is not true of any other lens i own.

but to answer the question, it has to be 35/90, in any form. the 35 cron/90 tele-elmarit with an m6 has to be one of the great all time partnerships. very few tasks in general photography cannot be accomplished with this set-up. very few packages as small and reliable.

[turn sarcasm on] Two lenses are way too many. One's all you need. Weld it on to the flange and get rid of that bothersome interchangeable lens feature [off].

If I could only keep two, right now it would be the 28 elmarit and the 50 summicron, but I would regret not having a 90 or 135 when I needed one, and I often enough do. And then a 35 is an awful handy walk-around lens.

I started with a 35/50/90 and found the set-up limiting on some occasions. Unlike a lot of forum-ers I have a 135 I actually use with my .72 and get the results I want.

Start with one, 35 or 50, and get them as you need them. [And then another body, need one for chromes, you know...and then an .85 for those longer lenses...and a collapsible lens on an M3 would be cool...]

"Jay doesn't have explanations..."

Nope, because you only bother to explain yourself if you feel others are worthy of respect, and that's obviously not the case. So he lectures instead. Rather than a gathering place, Jay sees the forum as his own bully pulpit.

Summicron C/40 and Elmar C/90. M6 classic is probably the last Leica I will buy and most of my other (M) lenses will eventually get traded. I don�t see enough in the latest hot-shot lenses to make it worth the trouble to carry their bulk. But, the fact is, the M6 outfit will probably go and I will revert to the II (if I can find one I like), a Red Scale Elmar and a 3.5 Summaron.