Camera case for M6 TTL

I have an M6 and I'd really like to buy a used camera case so that

I can more easily carry it with me throughout the day. I see the

new Leica cases that are available but I'm wondering if an M6

will fit nicely into any of the older cases that you see on ebay or

elsewhere. I've asked a couple of the ebay sellers which

cameras they fit and they are clueless as am I. Does anyone

have advice on this or on where I could look for info? Thanks.

Dan.

I do not believe M6 will fit in any older cases but there might be some third party cases that can be cheaply had. The easiest way to carry a M6 is a strap. Those cases don't really work well with Leicas anyway. But if you really want to protect your camera, or protecting the camera is more important than getting the photos, then go for a case. My 2 cents.

Any case made for an M will take an M6. Just be sure the locking screw is the right size for the tripod socket of the camera. I have never liked the M cases but for protecting a single camera they are better than nothing. One of these days I�m going to buckle down and make me a case ala Luigi!

I have an REI pouch that fits on a belt loop that holds an M body with an attached lens. It is not made for cameras but it works well. The pouch is 7" long x 3 1/2" high and 3" deep with a zipper top. I carry an M6 with a 35 f:2.0 Canon lens in it. If you are interested I have an M6 eveready case for sale. I used it some as a half case, the top section is like new as is the bottom section. I would part with it for $75.00. e-mail if interested.

If you mostly use compact lenses like the collapsible Elmar or the VC 28/3.5 (or are willing to put one of these on before storing your camera), then the best case for the M6 is the Leica Soft Case.

I have an older neverready case (made for the M4, I think) which seems to be bigger than the ones made specifically for the M6 -- it seems to have extra room on top for the separate meter. Nevertheless it is a lot better than nothing and I do use it. With the top part off, it makes a decent half case, although there is a lot of extra room around the strap lugs. The later ones which wrap around the strap lugs would probably fit better.

Mark, I'll take that case if Daniel doesn't want it. Anybody need a case for an M4?

I like the "standard brown half case" I recently purchased for my M7 from Luigi at http://www.leicatime.com

It protects the camera very well and is easy to remove for loading film. I agree that it adds another step to loading but I haven't found it to be much of an issue. I think it really looks classy on the camera as well. But, of course, that's in the eye of the beholder.

Dear Daniel:

I was going to post this as another thread as I am curious what others use, and of the "sling" I have read about.

However, and though many hate it, I use an eveready case..and let me tell you how.

Of course I love my Leica..very much..and this is truly a hinderance becoming so attached to your equipment..

However, I almost always just use the half case of it...when I decide I have the remote possibility of shooting, I take off the cover, put it in my pocket or bag, wrap the strap around my wrist a couple times, spin it once and it becomes an extension of my arm.

It is tight and accurate, and no fear or possibility of dropping it, safe from pick pockets or thieves while travelling.

However, in the summer, I don't know, it will not be as convenient, the strap that is, so I am looking into the sling or a wrist strap as well.

Good luck

Paul

PS: remember it is one thing to Love your Leica, but it is a completely other thing to LOVE you Leica...8^)

Thanks to everyone for your information. I think that I'm set on

picking up a case. In fact I already have an email into Mark J!

A case will work well for me as I do a lot of day trips where I don't

want to carry even my smaller camera bag. Sometimes it's fun

for me to carry one camera and one lens and a case will provide

some protection from the elements here in the PNW and also

allow me to throw them into my backpack with other stuff when

not shooting. Thanks again. Dan.