Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

radim sulc www.sulc.com

Depends on what kind of shot you're looking for. I personally found that any spot near the towers requires a very wide lens to let you include both buildings at full height in the frame, and the result is not very impressive.

I think an image with real impact would be one taken from some building or hillptop far away, wide, overlooking KL and showing how the Petronas really scale in comparison to other tall buildings in the city.

There is an interesting effect during the night, where the lights of the towers create a halo around them by diffusing in the ambient humidity. It is certainly possible to capture this on film. You might want to go for it.

• 1 month later...

The car park mentioned is 5 minutes walk from KLCC park. It's next to ExxonMobil building.

Park is close at 10pm until morning. Guards don't allow any visitors in the park after closing. I am guessing you were in the park too early in the day.

I have taken a full view of the building with 18mm (equivalent 29mm) lens. The car park is good if you want yourself in the picture. If not there is another more interesting angle. The distance is not too near to distort the image to an extend you can't correct the perspective for a decent photo.<div>006yJB-15994084.jpg.198865b8ab125af981e6289d52fd67f4.jpg</div>