Hello, My First Post Here, please critique and help.

tirta s

stephen, the progressive downsizing with added slight unsharp mask (easy beacause ctrl+F will repeat the last unsharpmask action) improves sharpness and clarity in a downsized photo. then i save for the web as a last step.

try it, i think you'll see the diff.

tirta, i'm Swedish myself, living in the States, being immigrant here and world citizen by definition I'm always interested in people's background. the world is about people...

• 5 months later...

Very late night internet surfing, stumbled across this thread. Wonderful composition, I

wouldn't change a thing. Feels just like I felt once on a ferry, but maybe that's my

memory playing tricks on my present interpretation. A little bored, mustering enough

patience to wait quietly and find a spot to take in the view. The tension I see in this

photograph has a lot to do with the context, that of a big boat carrying lots of people,

but not so many that it's really crowded and a man can't find a little space for himself.

He's just barely away from the nearby passengers on the other side of the glass and

the photographer behind him. Any cropping destroys this sense completely. Excellent,

excellent photo.

Aizan, thanks for stopping by to this old thread, and for the critique.

Richard, yes, Fresno is boring, I haven't shot anything with my Leica here, it's just an

expensive paperweight now, but I'm moving to Santa Monica in 2 weeks, so maybe I

can do some beach photography :)

I wish I live in NY, I will move over there someday.