Flash for Mamiya 7II

jim_jasutis

I am considering buying a Mamiya 7II. I will keep my 35mm for macro

and long tele shots. I used RF cameras in my younger days. The 7 will

be more for landscapes. There may be occasions however to use the 7

for group shots. I was wondering what flash would be best to use with

this camera both for fill flash and as a primary light for indoors.

Thank you.----JimJ

The Metz 40MZ3i flashgun has an inbuilt diffuser which goes wide enough for the M7 43mm lens. The SCA adaptors mean it can easily be mated to any other camera and still retain all the features. If you are going to use the flash only with the M7II, then this model is overspecified and probably too expensive. Metz have a good website. Andrew

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I had the same dilemna and so contacted Metz via e-mail and they recomended the 40mz1i. It has some features beyond the ability of the 7ll, but I also use it on my 35mm. It works great. I found it on e-bay for $200.00 less than retail and it looks & works like new. I downloaded the owner's manual from Metz website. Metz has great customer service, too.

• 11 months later...
im using m7 with a sb-28 no problems! later i bought a metz 'cause i do a lot of portraits with flash, so in order to get the flash down at lens level, get a metz, then u can buy a quantum pack to go with it and you ll never need another oufit, its works very well, also be aware that the nikons have to be streched to their limits to fill out the frame if your bouncing it...