What paper is best for Canon i850?

I can't vouch for longevity as I've only been using them for a month now, but I really like the Ilford Galerie Classic papers--gloss and pearl both (I have Canon S820 and S9000, by the way). They turn out great results, just as good as Photo Paper Pro.

Another big plus is the cost: from B&H, a pack of 10-sheet 13x19" Photo Paper Pro goes for $20; a pack of 25-sheet Ilford Galerie Classic (Pearl or Gloss) costs $28.50.

Then there is the Costco route: 12x18" prints for $3 from their Noritsu printers... love 'em, too, for when I'm not in a rush or need to experiment with results at home.

The one that gives you what you want.....

Seriously---there are many issues here.

If you want real permanence, you need to use pigment ink on matte paper. The "swellable polymers" are only rated at around 25 years with dye.

Do you want glossy or matte or lustre or......??

Are you making snapshots?

Framing?

etc.

I have a canon S9000. after i bought it, i tested out more than 10 different kind of

paper with same picture. to make it short, the best paper for the cost is ILFORD

Galerie Glossy Smooth. next best is Konica QP Photo paper PRO.

however, usually matt finish could last longer but they don't look as shape sometime.

anyway, the best paper also Ilford Galerie Pearl Smooth and Epson Premium Luster.

All these paper have almost the same result of Canon photo paper pro.

However, how long can the color last on the wall also depends on the environment of

the frame. Is the picture under direct sunlight? does it have a glass protecting it?

how about the humility? all this can affect the picture. If you found the picture's color

is going, you can always print another one to replace it.

"If you want real permanence, you need to use pigment ink on matte paper. The "swellable polymers" are only rated at around 25 years with dye."

<p>

Off topic, but Mark - Wilhelm research found that the HP <a href=http://www.creativepro.com/story/news/20787.html>dye inks and swellable polymer papers</a> to be quite archival.

<p>

/r