Where to buy equipment in Dallas, Texas?

em1310

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would know a good place to buy camera

equipment. I am traveling to Dallas next month from Belgium and have

looked in the dallas yellow pages but arent sure what store has what.

I am basically looking for a store that has everything like SLR's,

flashes and lenses (a must) as i dont wanna go somewhere that doesnt

have them in stock.

I would like to upgrade my Eos 50E to an Eos 1V, aswell as buy a

Speedlite flash 550ez and some additional lenses.

Arlington Camera in Arlington has a pretty decent selection of equipment. In either case, a quick phone call from the airport might save you several miles of driving. Arlington Camera might be more helpful if you didn't know exactly what you needed. Arlington Camera has a website & email, fire off an email to them and see if they have what you need.

There are several other camera stores around, just depends on if they stock the exact set of items you need. Wolfe Camera on Harry Hines has more than the typical Wolfe Cameras do. Mesquite Camera in Mesquite carries a pretty good selection of darkroom supplie, but I don't know how extensive their camera line is.

I bought some stuff at a very resonable price at Arlington Camera last november. Had a car for a week so it was no problem going there when visiting Fort Worth and the stock-yards.

It's possible to have tax-refund on all purchases in Texas if you are a forigner. You need proof of purchase, air-ticket home and passport. Has to be done at one shopping mall befor leaving, not at the airport.

Refund is credited your credit card, and I'm still waiting for it.

Regards Casi

John, you are right, I had a look at BH as the prices are cheaper.. I did read the conditions of delivery and it states that they cannot send it to the hotel but to place of work... WOO HOO.. and the prices are lower,

I actually wrote to the people at Arlington camera and asked if they sell items Duty Free, they said its illegal to sell items without sales tax in Texas, so i took this as meaning they dont do it.

I most probably will see what happens when I am there.

Thanks to everyone once again for you help in this matter.

Em