Digital Rebel

geraint

I just purchased the Digital Rebel and it works great for me with the lens it came with.

I want to buy a couple more lenses. Any suggestions? Can you recommend my best

options. I'm not looking for top of the line. I want to put together a basic kit. Thanks

for any input. G

All right, here's what I'd do if I was starting all over again with the Digital Rebel and knew what I know now:<p>

<ul>

<li>Canon 28-135mm IS lens for $400

<ul><li>This will give you moderate range zoom on the Digital Rebel (45-216mm coverage), plus the IS is wonderful for hand-held shots.

</ul><li>Canon 35mm f/2.0 prime lens for $220

<ul><li>Wonderful, sharp, fast lens. Will give you 56mm equivalent coverage on the Digital Rebel. Great for indoor shots where flash is not allowed or is not desirable.

I second the 35mm f/2 and 50mm recommendations. Another lens that has excellent bang for the buck is the 70-200mm f/4L, and the 17-40mm f/4L is also excellent and comparatively low-priced for a L lens. Canon has lens rebates running now, you might want to look at them.

I got the 18-55 lens and a 75-300mm USM lens with my digital rebel. My current plan is to get a 28-135mm IS USM for general shooting to replace the 18-55 (except for wider angle shots). I might also get the 50mm/f1.8 if I find that the 28-135 isn't fast enough and possibly the 100-400mm for sports etc...

50/1.8 is a no brainer.

The 35/2 is also a good choice, but you may want something a bit wider. The 28/2.8 ($170) or 24/2.8 ($330) are both good choices for a second lens to pair with the 50/1.8.

I personally use a 24/2.8 with a 50/1.8. Considering 35/2 as a third lens (but not a high priority).