EOS 10S /10 QD - Still worth its money?

fish_fish

Recently I got an offer for an EOS 10s /10 QD - Body

and a Speedlite 430 ex Flash-

Both used, but in good condition.

The price would be about 150-200 �, so-

Is it still worth the money?

The mirror-lock and the Flash would be very interesting for me!

thanks a lot,

Fish

Hi Fish,

Yes the 10s is still worth getting. I just purchased one used about a month ago, and am taking some great photos with it. I have 3 lenses to go with it and am in the midst of buying a 540ez flash. For the camera + Sigma 24 prime+ Canon 35-80 (yes a cheap kit lens) I paid 125 US$. For the flash I paid $125.

Remember, its not the camera body, but the lenses that you put on it that give you the good pics. I got the 10s because it has many interesting features that you cannot find unless you go to a much higher end camera.(Ie. EOS 3 or better).

Good luck and happy shooting.

Dan

<a href="http://photonotes.org/reviews/eos-10s/">PhotoNotes.org</a> has a good article on the 10/10s. Personally, I don't take chances on old equipment any more (I've run into a few sticky shutters and sticky aperture blades), but the 10S does have a number of interesting features.<p>BTW, the flash would be a 430<b>EZ</b> (TTL), not <b>EX</b> (ETTL, not supported by the 10S).

Check completed eBay auctions for prices - I think the 150-200 � sounds good to fair depending on condition. Can you inspect the gear before buying?

I own a pair of 10s bodies and a 430EZ Speedlite.

Good feature set and dependable for me.

If you own a type 'A' body now,

then perhps you would be better off

staying with 'A' bodies in the future;

unless the 10s offers a feature

not available to you on an 'A' body.

http://www.photozone.de/2Equipment/canoncamera.htm

The 300v is an 'A' body.

http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/#aandb

--

That´s true-

Already owning a 300v Body (Dan, how can you read my mind? ;-),

I suppose it will be better to save a bit more money and to get an ex-Flash and a newer "backup"-Body.

The set I wanted to buy was heavyly used-

I asked the seller who used it some years for heavy duty documentation in industry :-( But it makes my decision easier!

Thanks to all of You

and happy shooting!

Fish

I did not read your mind Fish, but I did go through a few of your previous posts ;) <p>

<i>"I suppose it will be better to save a bit more money and to get an ex-Flash and a newer "backup"-Body."</i> <br>

You should be able to find a used 420 EX and Elan 50 for about �100 more than you were willing to spend on the 10s & 430 EZ. <p>

--