Hoe do I get the shutter out of a Bronica PS lens

ed_prest

My 80PS shutter is getting sticky. I have taken it down and

reassembled it fine (at least its cleaner) except I didn't remove the

front group as I'm worried about reassembly - infinity may be

effected etc??? and if course I have no manual.

How does one get the shutter out?

I've read somewhere on net that shutter stickiness on these PS lenses is due to warn/aged springs in the shutter. Unless you have a set of new replacement springs from Tamron....

Do you store your PS lenses uncocked? I do now that I know. Just like a large format lens, you have to take care of the springs. Ditto with the SQA-i body.

I would personally have a certified Bronica facility open it up, while new replacement parts are still available.

You hold in the little pin at the bottom of the mount and rotate the ring drive pins past the green dot into the red area - all the way will fire the shutter at 1/500.

Now you know why the red area is so prominent. Only mount the lens when the drive pins are back in the green area. Drag the pins against the shutter springs and it will cock the lens and then lock the drive pins at the green dot - its safe to mount.

Another reason Bronica is better than a 'Blad.

Yes, it's a little silver pin at the 'side' of the lens mount. You can reach it with a fingernail. Push it in, while at same time doing what Ed said with the two upright pins on the bottom of the mount until shutter fires at its' mechanical 1/500th speed. Put front and caps on, store lens 'til next time.

Later, just before putting lens back on camera body, twist same two pins to the green dot 'til you feel/hear the 'click'. Lens is now ready to mount to body, and shutter is cocked.

• 2 weeks later...