FinePix S2 Pro & Compact Flash 2GB & Focusing

Are there 2 separate questions here or are you asking whether you are likely to have problems with autofocus with a 2Gb card?<br> I use a couple of 1Gb cards for my digitals, plus some 512K and 256K - you can save 80 raw files on a 1Gb card and although you <i>can</i> use a larger card it's a bit risky - cards can and do fail and this is why I prefer to use smaller cards, to limit the risk of data loss.<p>As for autofocus, it really isn't very good on this camera. I get around it by using the F50 f1.4 lens most of the time, when I use other lenses with smaller apertures I find that I need much higher light levels.<br>Hope this helps

Hi Rene,

I can't answer your 2G CF question, but I do own an S2 and have a couple of AF lenses (24-85 & 300mm) in addition to my mainstay MF 600mm. Mine autofocuses just fine with both the zoom and the 300 prime, even under marginal light conditions.

Just in case you don't know, there is a menu setting for 'closest subject priority' type AF which is ON by default (when camera purchased) and which most people turn OFF. This is the single most common problem people have with focus when they first purchase.

A 2nd problem area can be when the CR123's get low. Some people (like myself) never use the 123 batts and only have the AA's in the cam. With the AA's alone my AF results are right on the money.

I hope this helps,

Greg