Grip for D100, worth having?

It's way overpriced as is usual for Nikon accessories, but once you take the hit it does offer some nice features: AA Batteries are a biggie for me (I hate the trend towards specialized batteries), and the other biggie is the 10 pin connector that accepts MC remote releases and infared remote (ML-2, ML-3), and a better grip and shutter release for vertical shots. The voice memo feature seems silly to me, though - then again we live in an age where cell phones take pictures, so maybe I'm just out of it.

It doesn't sound like you'll be shooting sports but there if you are there is one major

problem: you can't reach the focus selector when you are shooting with the grip. You

can change which point you're focused on but you have to hold down a button and

toggle a dial, making it useless for shooting sports.

-Evan

No, there's no PC sync connector on the D100. Is it worth $240.00?

Well that depends on the value you - and you alone - place on a dollar. Even though I complain about it's cost ($150.00 would be a reasonable price in my mind), I don't regret having it it. So ultimately, I would say it's worth it. But mostly for reasons stated earlier - I already have an ML-2 that I otherwise wouldn't be able to use and I'd also would have had to purchase another EL-3 backup battery ($45) for use in the field, but now with he D100 I can use AA's for backup. If I didn't already have the ML-2 remote, I probably would not have purchased it.

I just picked one up for US $159 (new) on ebay (plus shipping). It's too soon to say if it was worth it, but it is nice to be able to use the 10-pin devices such as the ml-2 and the mc-20. (Yes the MC-30 works with it ) With two EL-3's in it you can shoot forever and not kill the the batteries.