there.

I'm looking for a late Winter/Spring workshop in a warm weather

local, and it occurrs to me that a workshop in the Baja California

area might be good. The weather should beat what I have here, and

the timing woulf be good for watching. And I'm looking for a real

workshop - not just a photo tour. Does anyone have a good

recommendation?

Check out www.sfworkshop.com

Great place wonderful people and spendy. I took one from Nevada Wier because I knew her. Very good experience. Be ready to work though.

Some of the regular NGS people are commanding up to $2800 bucks for a workshop.

Go to www.rmsp.com, Rocky Mtn. School of Photography, great bunch. I've taken two of their workshops and they are as hands on, hands off as you want, all the help you ask for but none of that "tripod HERE, f/stop THIS, shutter speed THAT" my-way-or-the-highway stuff.

Competitive prices, knowledgeable instructors, helpful critique and feedback.

I have taken 2 workshops thru Santa Fe Workshops and they're great. I hope to take another this summer. Since you mentioned Baja you should check out the website of my friend Jim Cline jimcline.com He leads trips exclusively to Mexico/Baja. HIs last trip was Oaxaca for Day of the dead. People REALLY enjoy his trips. Gppd luck!

Hi there,

Take a look at www.darrensworld.com They operate tours all over the world and use some extremley experienced photographers. You learn what you want to learn as the group sizes are small so that you get plenty of one on on time with the instructors. They teach you what YOU want to know. Before the tours start you need to fill in a questionaire explaing why you are attending their workshops and in which particular areas you wish to devlop your strengths. Prices are very competitive and when shopping for a workshop be sure to check what you get for your fee (workshop, breakfast, dinner ect ect) as with some operators you are responsible for your own accommadation ect which canstart to hike up the costs. Any way thats enough babbling from me. Good luck and remember if you go on a 'workshop' make sure they allow you to pay by credit card at least this way if at the end of the tour if you feel it was a big dissapointment at least you can apply for a refund through your credit card company. Ever wonder why a lot of tour operators insist you pay by check?