Please critique: Leaning on the past

wingell

Caught this image on Philadelphia's South Street yesterday. A

real "grab shot," except the subject and two large buddies stopped

me a short distance away, and it took some fast talking to convince

them I wasn't a plainclothes cop. (Canon EOS 10D, 16-35mm. f/2.8L)<div>006qbs-15802984.jpg.ff16070fee48aa1eee0e59453aa0d1ba.jpg</div>

ha...yeah, i was there yesterday also...........actually Chistmas shopping.........there was a much "seedier" crowd there than usual, especially at the corner you took this at, that bar behind him is not the high spot of south street....

...cool pic though........knew you were in trouble though when i saw the hand raised like that....although i really don;t know what the problem is, people walk up and down that street with video cams chugging along resting up on their shoulders and nobody pays any attention.........pull out an slr, and they freak......?

There really isn't much going on here. It's an O.K. snap shot but not much of a story. The hand gesture does little to carry the picture and the fear you experienced by being there is not conveyed by the mood of the picture. The guy looks quite affable. I think your experience of being approached after the fact may have heightened your appreciation of this photo.