Hey Travis - -

djl251

we have to standardise the format for entries though. SHould they be submitted in digital files or prints(then scanned in)? The resolution etc has to be determined.

We need some guys to form a forum committee and set up the submission protocols.

What I dread to see is a limitation to the number of people that can participate in this book project. I wish everyone can do it. We may end up with a picture each, but so what?

We need some guys in close proximity to work on marketing, printing and distribution and sales. We need to talk to printers , publishers etc..

who has the experience? and time?

I live in Singapore. Im out for sure.

We need to set up a Base for this thing. LA? Canada?

think about it guys, this can work.

Tentative Committee:

Marc, Bob Todrick, Jeff S, Tony Rowlett, Al K, Ralph Barker.

I have these 6 guys in mind. They decide the overall direction/production/purpose of the Leica Forum Book (LFB).

We surely need subcommittees and what have you.

Anyone interested in this project please chip in or nominate committe members.

else, just ignore me ;) I can already see the LFB on my table..

Don't forget to ask for Doug Herr's "Best Ten". The category isn't just for RF'rs. His flying duck picture is surely a great entry for the "Best Ten" list. The discussions about RF/SLR plus and minuses raise the question on how many of us use both Leica RF's and some version of the Leicaflex. I use both, but found that my recent shots(informal wedding snaps)were easier to make with the RF. Both 50 Summicrons so the images were fine, it was just easier with the M3.

I think an "electronic book" such as can be found at <a href="http://www.zonezero.com/books4sale/index.html">ZoneZero</a> is a much better idea. Short-run printing is expensive, and high quality short-run printing is very expensive. There's a reason why photography books are never good buys (unless the books are remaindered.)

<p>

However, the ZoneZero thing works - I've even used it. They use pdf format, and you can print at high quality on your own printer if you want it printed. You are not limited to screen resolution with pdf.