best film for Fuji rangefinder cameras?

peder_mansson

It sounds like your concern is the lack of a fast shutter speed, but it doesn't make that much difference. Use the film that gives you the look you want for the situation. I've used Agfa Ultra 64 in a GSW 645 at night (on a tripod, of course), and several 400 speed films in daylight, hand-held. What is the real concern here?

Hum, seems a strange question. One picks a film to match the subject, not the camera.

However, I can think of one exception. Konica Infrared. The GW690 models are a top notch camera for that film, especially considering you meter with a handheld meter anyways.

Gary Reese

The purpose of my question was to bring me some inspiration. I tend to use them with 220 Velvia and tripod, but have recently been playing around handheld with 220 Reala and Provia 400.

It´s just that I use them somewhat sparingly, esp with neg film due to the much higher costs involved in processing and printing.

I´m waiting for developed Velvia rolls to see whether the use of a 85B filter improved the results on a very overcast day in a humid forest, (a tip I read about in Outdoor Photography recently).