Lens Hood for Yashica 124G

craig_cochran

Hi Craig -

You could, of course, look for a used Yashica, Rollei, or other Bay-1 lens hood for your camera. They are out there to be found, with a little looking.

I think that I have also heard that Porter's and Goodwin's have generic lens hoods (new) that would also work. I don't know the URLs for either of these businesses, so perhaps someone else could supply them.

Good Luck.

Another approach is to buy a Rollei Bayonet No 1 to 46mm adapter (£10 here in the UK - maybe $12-15 in the US) - mine is actually made by Hoya. This enables you to use modern 46mm filters plus a rubber lens hood. Makes using a polarising filter easier too. Put the adapter with polariser on the viewing lens first, adjust the filter and then transfer them to the taking lens.

I recommend against the lens hood from Porter. I got one (about $17 plus $6 s&h) and the cosmetic quality is appalling. I was initially scared to put it on the camera for fear that it might damage something, but I did put it on. It fit, and I'm sure it will shade the lens as well as the best Rollei, but it's not pretty to look at.

• 1 year later...
Hello everyone. Go a step further on the Bay 1 to xx adapter that several have suggested. Use the filter size that fits your 35mm kit. Chances are you have a good selection of filters, the lens cap and the lens hood you should have on the tlr. If you don't, you now have the excuse to get them!! Enjoy, Bill