andrew_frith

hi...i think a 210 dagor F6.8 will cover 8x10 ok when stopped down wont

it? what would be the angle of view (not coverage) for this lens on an

8x10 neg? i'm looking for a quite wide lens to go between my nikkor

SW150 (which is really wide - 106degrees field of view it think) and my

semi-wide fuji250...

thanks

-andrew

I shoot the 8 1/4 inch dagor on my Deardorff. It will cover but the cameras movements can exceed the coverage of the lens. I have no idea on the angle of view. The seller represented 104 degrees when I bought it. It has been my understanding that there is some difference within the dagor lenses. It pays to check the lens on your camera. I am pleased with my lens, however.

Your 150mm is producing an image that is 66 x 79 degrees of the view with a diagonal of 93 degrees. The 250mm will produce an image of 43 x 52 degrees with a diagonal of 64 degrees.

The 210mm on 8x10, (actually 7,75 x 9.75 with film guides) produces an image that's 50 degrees x 61 degrees of your view. Corner to corner on the film it's 74 degrees. Most Dagors that I've dealt with do an 80 to 85 degree circle at f22 with minimal softening in the corners. It'll cover with movement for B&W, about 1 to 1.5 inches, or 3 to 4 degrees of lens tilt. For color it won't be as forgiving in the corners as your other two lenses but the focal length is a good one to go between 150mm and 250mm. It's worth testing the lens on a camera if you can.