EOS 30/Elan7 Problem with eye-tracked focussing points at bright light

hans_schmidt

Using Eye Control at bright light conditions, I can only guess which

of the 7 focussing points is selected. I sent the Camera to Canon

Customer Service, but they told me the brightness of focussing points

in the viewfinder is regular. I had no such problems with my former

EOS 50E/Elan IIe.

Anyone with similar problems? Solutions?

Thanks a lot!

Hans

I have the same "problem", but only in the really bright situation where it is hard to see the red high light of the focused point. I think this is normal sometime the light is brighter than the focused point. You can always turn off the ECF and manually select the focus points.

<cite>Try to calibrate under these conditions again, without delete previous calibration</cite>

<p>This is true - you need to calibrate the body in a variety of lighting conditions if you want ECF to function reliably in a variety of lighting conditions - but I don't think it's what the original question is. I think the question is that the brightness of focusing points in the viewfinder is not sufficient to be seen in bright conditions - i.e. the camera focuses properly but the user can't see any of the AF points lighting up.</p>

<p>I have seen the same thing with my Elan 7e, but only if the subject is light-coloured and very well lit - e.g. a polar bear on a bright sunny day. Mid-toned subjects in bright light, or anything in not-so-bright light, don't cause this problem for me.</p>