Your Kodak DCS Pro 14n Experiences & Comments?

How's the battery life?

Do you find that your face hits the buttons on the back of the camera, when you look

through the viewfinder?

I ask because these are the 2 big nitpicks that Mr. Reichmann at Luminous Landscape

discovered. (not to be a naysayer. I just want to confirm or disconfirm what other

photographers have discovered)

Michael Reichmann has just bought a Kodak Pro back, so perhaps he is coming round to the Kodak way of thinking...

I have a 14n and agree its a great, but not a perfect, camera. Pity Kodak took a while properly to target the 14n to its intended user base, and to get the firmware and software sorted. The early bad publicity is all some will remember.

I agree on the Rob Galbraith suggestion. His site forum has the most authoritative 14n discussions around. Lens choice is critical. Only use the best glass. Also check the Kodak lens database. If you use an independent lens, it may not be on there, ans you may need to set the firmware to the best guess.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I too am having problems with the viewfinder which I am told is from the Nikon F80. The

back of the F80 is flat, the Kodak is stepped back, so my nose hits the LCD screen and my

eye is too far away from the viewfinder. Nikon make a DG-2 attachment but this is a

magnifier and intended for macro photography I believe. Is there an extended eyecup or

somesuch which will make viewing easier. I would like to see the data in the viewfinder if

possible. Has anybody solved this problem? Please don't suggest plastic surgery for my

nose - my wife beat you to it, and I like it as it is!