flash bracket ?

cryptobranchidae

I have the Wimberly flash bracket and like it. It can be positioned almost infinitely and its base fits well on the Arca Swiss bracket that always rides under my camera. You might consider a Sto-Fen diffuser which I use for everything from insects to airplane interiors.

Mike

<p>I personally use the same camera and lens, but two small flashes on a Novoflex flash bracket with flexible arms. They also provide shorter arms that you can exchange, but I usually just bend the standard arms over the lens, thereby crossing the two arms and getting the flashes closer to the lens. More info is <a href="http://www.novoflex.com/english/html/fr_eha3.htm">here on their website</a>.

I just got a wimberley kit because I decided to try macro photography without a tripod like in Shaw's book. I think it's a great bracket but you must have an Arca Swiss plate. All my cameras have arca swiss so for me it's really convenient. By the way this rig can also be used with the tripod. The plate just has to be wide enough, although the rig's clamp is quite narrow. Cheers and good shooting. P.S. I use the same equipment as you.

With a little imagination you can make a flash bracket by visiting your local hardware store. I made mine using 1/8" thick by 1-1/2" wide aluminum (sold in 10' strips at Ace for $11). Drilling the holes was no big deal. It just took some patience (about 2 hours) and pressure. Check out this link:

http://www.rlephoto.com/tech/flash_bracket01.htm

Maybe someday I'll buy a fancy bracket, but for now I'm happy.