Bessa R2 has a problem with Leica M lenses ?

salanai

I just buy Bessa R2 and use with Leica M lenses ( 24/2.8 asph , 35/1.4

asph , 35/2 asph , 50/2 ). There is a problem with all my lenses when I

try to focus a subject closer then 1 m. !! I cannot focus a subject ??

Anyone has a problem like me ? or my camera broken ????

Thanks

RTFM: "the R2 does not have the long rangefinder effective baselength required to consistently and reliably close focus lenses ... In other words, the shorter rangefinder on the R or R2 will exceed its focusing accuracy close up and wide open with longer fast lenses, but it will be fine wide open at infinity or at close focus stopped down."

from http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtBR2.htm

Google is a wonderful thing. Try it sometime.

Reading the question and understanding what the issue is before barfing out a condescending answer is a wonderful thing. You ought to try it sometime Bob.

Soranai:

I'm hearing you say that the rangefinder in the R2 does not operate when the lens is turned past 1m. This is true for the Leica M3's also. The M3 can be adjusted, and I suspect though I am not certain, that the R2 can be adjusted also. The problem if you're in the USA is that though there are 2 dealers who sell them, there is no factory service agency. If you can find a camera mechanic who knows the R2, you might be able to have it adjusted. Rangefinder baselength has absolutely nothing to do with this. A Leica/Minolta CL with a shorter baselength than the R2 can be focused to 0.7m.

thank a lot jay

so my camera is normal and I will adjust it by myself

thanks again

to Bob Chong

I try to scarch many website but there is no web site told me that " R2 cannot focus closer than 1m." I know about base length and I'm Leica user for 10 years. I just want to know my camera is ok or not.

pls think before post

My Bessa <b>R</b> has no adjustment of rangefinder linearity. It only allows adustment at infinity. I assume the Bessa <b>R2 </b> is the same rangefinder.<BR><BR>Whether it tracks correctly at closer distances depends on how ones camera body was made; thus focusing accuracy; wide open; at close distances will vary from serial number to serial number of camera.<br><br>With a Lieca; such as the M3; both the infinity; and the closeup settings are fully adjustable. Even my cheapie Russian Zorki's, Fed's, and Lennigrad allow infinity and closeup adjustments. <br><BR>My Bessa R's rangefinder gets missaligned with a good bump; it is wise to check your camera's rangefinder on a regular basis. Mine has had to be readjusted about 4 times since purchase; about 2 1/2 years ago.