Epson 2200 vs. Epson 2000p

Does anyone have any experience with using both of these printers? I

am in the market for a good printer that can print premium quality

enlargements. I've read some pros and cons on each printer, each

with someone praising them, and someone else cursing them. Can anyone

give any practical feedback on these? One is considerable less

expensive than the other.

I must confess I've never used the 2000p - but I do own the 2200. Here's what I've heard, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong: The 2000P suffered very badly from metamerism - this is when you look at your print under different light sources, it appears to change colors. The 2200 got re-designed "ultrachrome" inks, and while not entirely eliminated, the metamerism problem is supposedly greatly reduced. My .02 cents worth would be to avoid the 2000P, and if cost is a factor, check out Epson's web site for purchasing a refurbished 2200. Best wishes . . .

I owned and used a 2000P to produce fine-art photographs for about 2 years. I have

owned a 2200 for a little less than a year. The difference is night and day. Although

the 2000P produces very nice prints that *may* last 200 years etc..., the 2200

produeces printers that are sharper, more saturated, and display less metamerism. In

my opinion, unless you are producing prints that you really, REALLY want someone to

enjoy in 200 years, the 2200 is a better printer.

I own the Epson 2200 (cannot speak for the Epson 2200p). I really love this printer. I find the quality is excellent for photos, especially on Premium Luster and Premium Semi-gloss papers (once you get past the learning curve that is... color management is a pain but once you figure it out, it's a dream) My only disappointment was that it does a lousy job printing on regular paper (i.e. non-photo paper), so it's really a dedicated photo printer.