southeastern LF workshops?

mike_troxell2

Bruce Barbaum used to conduct a one week Georgia coast workshop based an hour or so from Savannah every year. It was't specifically a "large format" workshop but most everyone used large format cameras and of course that's what he uses. I attended it about six years ago and it was very good. I don't know whether he still conducts it or not, you could check his web site to see (I assume he has a web site, I don't have an address). I've attended Clyde Butcher's two day field workshop in Florida and wasn't very impressed with it though he and his wife are very nice people. If you've never seen scrub pines and palmettos it's o.k. I guess. I don't recall Palm Beach Photographic Workshops sponsoring any large format workshops but again, you could check their web site. They are becoming more and more digital oriented it seems to me. Tillman Crane usually teaches a large format workshop of some sort at the Peters Valley Arts and Crafts Center in New Jersey. It isn't in the southeastern U.S. but it's better than driving to California if you're located in the southeast. I attended the one last year and liked it a lot. The facilities at Peters Valley are kind of funky but they grow on you.

Anne,

"Maybe if enough of us show interest we can encourage/

support the effort to have a workshop in our region"

I'd love to get a few LF workshops going in the area. It sometimes seem like there are plenty of LF workshops in every part of the country except the southeast.

Brian, when I saw your above post, "kind of funky but they grow on you" I could not help but remember how you were trying to go over the wall after the first night. By the way I still lust after your wonderful photo of the white blouse on the white door.

Regards, Jim

Mike,

What type of photography? I will be offering a LF field workshop/Tour in the Great Smoky Mountains NP spring 2004. If you are interested in a landscape workshop check out my website. I have not set the dates but will in the coming weeks.

www.jerrygreerphotography.com