Soft lens pouches?

tom5

I like to have something soft and padded around my Leica and CV lenses

when they are traveling in my camera bag. I haven't found small

enough lens pouches or wraps for 50mm or less Leica lenses or the tiny

Voigtlander ones. Any ideas?

Op Tech Snoot Boots. Extra Small size. They are stretchy and padded with a drawstring and they hold up to an Elmar-C 90/4. Next size up would probably be better for larger/longer lenses. The best case for the wide Voigtlanders that use viewfinders is Voigtlander's own hard case that stores the lens in the bottom and the finder in the top. If you want to go the pouch route for these lenses, you could always wrap the finder in something.

A suggestion for smaller lenses can be found at camping/hiking stores. Some backpackers carry candle lanterns. These are small and use a single candle and have a glass circular "window". If the store sells these they may also sell small polarfleece bags designed to hold the candle lantern. As far as I can see the one I have has no problem with lint. The bag provides good protection (no real padding , just the thickness of the fleece) and is easy to get the lens out of (but not as fast as a larger bag.case would be).

REI Candle Lantern Pile Case

$3.95 Item 410125

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=832&parent_category_rn=4500584

Robert

Little Pentax screw lens cases fit some Leica or CV lenses. I had a Kobalux 28 that fit into a Pentax 28 case with the lens shade and cap attached (lens is gone; I still have the case. I liked the case better). Contax G leather lens pouches are nice for Leitz lenses.

Get some calf's skin leather from your shoe and boot or leather shop. Stich up a little pouch with a shoelace drawstring, putting the unfinished side as the inside. Pick a nice color. Stick it in your pocket, or in your camera bag.

I made such a small pouch/bag for my M7 with Summicron asph f2. The camera just pops into the bag, the camera strap serving instead of a separate strap on the pouch. Easy in, easy out, quick. Soft, clean, dry, mostly dust protected, unobtrusive, not attractive to thieves. When off the camera, the leather softly folds to go in your pocket with little bulge.