Anyone seen the new View Camera magazine yet?

chris_jordan5

Chris -

I assume you're in there...congrats in advance. I'll pay special attention when it comes.

Bill, I have to agree. As much as I'd love to photograph a slot canyon or use the Polaroid 20x24, I don't ever need to see either one of them in "View Camera", ever again. Sigh.

Well guys, you might be happy to hear that at least for my part, there are no slot canyons with shafts of light, no fields of flowers, no fall-colored trees, S-curved rivers leading to mountains, no sunsets, sunrises, lighthouses, seascapes, half-domes, whole domes, 3/4 domes, cats with yarn, roses on pianos, soft-focus girls with lingerie, sharp-focus girls without lingerie, or sad-looking people in faraway countries. All of my photos are taken within about a 5-minute drive of my front door, in downtown Seattle.

~cj

Chris, thank you! If I ever drag out the 4x5 again, I will have a good list of things to parody. Let's see... soft focus rose in lingerie, sunrise on piano, moon and chrome dome, "Moonrise, Secaucus,NJ, 1838"...

<p><i>All of my photos are taken within about a 5-minute drive of my front door, in downtown Seattle.</i></p>

<p>Does that mean they're all shots of specialty coffee shops, Chris? (lol)</p>

<p>Seriously, congratulations. I'll look forward to the issue.</p>

Ralph, I'm deeply offended, we have more than specialty coffee shops here in Seattle. For example, there's, ummm, well, aaaahhhhh, like, I mean, I could just go an and on. Okay, wait, I thought of one: the Pike Place Brewery. Yeah, they do sell coffee there too, but it's not their main thing. And anyway, Starbucks sells chai too, and other things like mugs that you could use for tea and juice and water.

wahhhhhhh!

~cj

Congratulations Chris - can't wait to get it in the mail. Let's see if the postal service (service is stretching it a bit) can get it to me in the next few months. Or maybe I'll just go to Barnes & Noble and have one of those wretched Starbucks coffees (I'm a Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla guy) and look at their copy. Don't forget, some of the best salmon (raw, mind you) comes from the Seattle region!

Rich

www.rcodaphotography.com

Congratulations from me also Chris. I saw your work and then saw the name and realized that it was someone from this group. Very cool work. I liked it all but the photo of the stairs on the contents page was my favorite. In fact the whole issue was interesting from cover to cover. There were a couple of good articles from Terry Thalmann and I think this is the first issue where I enjoyed all the photography. Good Job.

ach!

mister feldman, like yer uncle marty always did, you made me shoot coffee out my nose!

bless you fer the belly laughs!

me

p.s. yes, the best part of the may/june letters was the screened knockout in 36pt type promising that the content and specifically the letters would be subjected to more stingent editing. so funny... for mistakes and heheee, grammatical... oh i gotta stop, my sides! HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAA!