light and landscape photography

wim_van_velzen

The author has used MSHTML and shock, horror, suprise... Microsoft have gone their own way and used non-standard constructs only understood by Internet Exporer. So if you use Netscape/Mozilla, Opera etc, tuff...

Interesting - looks like the Mozilla people are addressing MS "extensions" to HTML. Wonder if they can keep up as MS adds more... (actually, to be fair, I think MS is mainly using XML to extend HTML which *is* a standard way of doing things) - trouble is, no one else has Microsoft's budget and quantity of programmers to spend on keeping up with them now Netscape is effectively dead.

Wim - the header of the page says MSHTML 6.00, which was why I assumed MSHTML was employed in its creation... Anyway, all this is academic as it is obviously perfectly readable with any current reader. Oh, did I say it is an interesting read too?... It is....

Cheers,

It looks fine on a Mac with Safari, but I do see an error in the xhtml.

The ?xml and !DOCTYPE tags are at the top of the body section, but they need to be

at the top of the document before the html tag to be valid. This might be missing up

some browsers.

The XHTML validation service at http://validator.w3.org/ is handy for debugging

these sorts of things.

Hey guys,

The pages in question contain SIMPLE layout of text and pictures, which should have been easy to program with the simplest version of basic HTML. Who cares about cascade sheets, MSsomething, Xsomething, plug ins and other non-standard, propriatary UPGRADES (so that the pockets of the programmers are kept always full of gold)? I don�t. Remember, there is MORE info on the internet that anybody can read without a problem.

The code is quite simple indeed. But as my site has hundreds of pages, I like CSS very much.

It really helps to keep everything within the same look.

You are right about most other things - but how many people use an older non-CSS-able browzer? Why don't they upgrade; it is easy enough.

Wim