9v Battery converter for Hassy 500el/m:Any experiences?

gabriel_benaim

Gabriel,

I made a crude 9V battery converter for Hasselblad EL cameras myself out of a piece of wood , two screws, two washers and a 9V battery connector, 10 minutes work, 20 cent material cost. The battery is put in one compartment, into the second compartment comes the piece of wood which serves as an accu dummy with the + and - cable ends fixed by screw and washer on each side of it. It works fine, no problems. No need to make some ebayer rich.

Ulrik

Does the point of contact have to have something other that just a conducting material, like a piece of copper? I put together an adaptor that consists of a battery connector whose ends are attached to two strips of copper plate. Can I just use it that way? The red cable, positive is glued to the bottom of the battery, the black to the top of the connector. Are there any problems with this kind of setup?

I made that kind of set up with a 6V lithium battery, some solder, two copper tabs, some wire, and tape to keep the tabs in place. So far, so good. The length of the battery with the taped on tabs is enough to contact both sides properly. Have you found a battery holder that fits in that space? I'm looking for one to facilitate battery changing than the patch & tape method I did.