NE Florida Large-Format Group

douglas_howk

An invitation to all serious photographers in NE Florida & SE Georgia to join in a group for mutual benefit. How do you know if you are a serious photographer?<br>

1) If your idea of an enjoyable photoshoot is lugging around a large-format camera.<br>

2) If you desire image quality beyond what even a Hasselblad can deliver.<br>

3) If you need perspective-control to faithfully record your vision.<br>

4) If your view of digital is as an electronic aide or a dry darkroom

rather than a replacement for film.<br>

Having met the above qualities of a serious photographer, why join with other serious photographers?<br>

a) It can be very lonely when you show-up at a photoshoot site and be

the only one who hides under a cloth.<br>

b) Knowledge sharing.<br>

c) Better access as a group to certain sites.

<p>Next step? We could meet to share photos, exchange information & explore possibilities of a site. This could be accomplished thru o once-a-month field trips. Such an informal beginning would enable us

to avoid the waste of time more formal organizations suffer from. I

suggest that we exchange ideas on proposed sites and try to agree on best times during a month for such field trips. Some sites

that I might suggest are Chesser homestead in Ockeefenokee, Big Shoals

rapids, Washington Oaks, Talbot Island, Fort Matanzas, Bulow Sugar Mill, CrossCreek.

We've had a very good response ( 7 so far) from those interested in forming a LF group, and some good feedback on fieldtrips. So, I propose we move forward; and make our 1st trip Saturday Sept 20th to East entrance of Okefenokee Swamp. Directions: The East entrance is located 8 miles southwest of Folkston, Georgia on State Highway 121/23 and 4 miles west of the main entrance sign. They open 1/2 hour before sunrise for those who want to catch some wildlife/early sunrise shots. I suggest that we meet at visitor center between 8-9am , then proceed to boardwalk/tower area. The Chesser homesite opens somewhat later in morning - at least to get inside cabin; so I suggest that be our 2nd stop.