linhof super rollex 6x7 back - info required

ciofalo

Hello, I came across a used Linhof Technika with a 6x7 Super Rollex

back, but I have no experience on this equipment and I cannot judge if

everything is working properly. In particulare:

1. Rewind lever: is it supposed to have a spring return, or has it to

be brought back manually after each frame (like the one I saw)?

2. Large rubber-lined roll: should it rotate freely around its shaft?

the one I saw is quite sticky and would not rotate when the film

advances, so that the paper back of the film has to slide on it.

Thank you for any bit of information,

Michele Ciofalo

The one I have used doesn't have a spring return. I don't think it is supposed to. The rubber-lined roll is stiffly resistant to turning but not sticky. I don't think the rubber rotates from the paper passing over it. It keeps the paper/film quite taut so that the film will be flat. The results are perfect: flat film and evenly spaced exposures.

• 1 month later...
The Super Rollex never had a spring return, it has to be brought back manually. The rubber roller will roll about one round if you had just finished the back with a roll of film, than it will stop by a mechanism inside it. Your can release it by pushing the 2 metal pin together on the back of the film holder. By keep pushing the two metal pin you can start rolling the rubber roller (this is painful and you must have three hand to do this) and the film counter will advance and stop at "1". Release the counter by slide the releasing button (with a little red arrow on it) and than you can advance to the second frame by rolling the roller. After you finished the number "10th" frame, release the metal pin and the counter will reset to "0". If all these function properly than the back is in working condition.