Jobo ATL 1500 processor - 4x5 and 220 film

jerry2

I have no processing experience, but need a way to process film more

quickly. Jobo is running a nice promotion for the ATL 1500

processor, after rebates, about $2800. I plan to process a lot of

120/220 roll film and 4x5 sheets. Any comments about this processor?

Thank you in advance

i am using an old atl 1000 which i bought 2.hand for 800� since i live 30km far from my lab....cause i hate to drive 2 or three times sometimes to the lab a day....which could happen especially if i am busy enough.

the results are very homogen and good. no problems with 4x5" 120/220 and 35mm films with slides and negs. i made comparations with my lab and the slides which i make doesnt look more bad at all....

so i am used to do this now and i dont want to miss it anymore...

wasnt so easy to installate for the consitant water temp. but now it runs.....

Robert is correct. It does not take the expert drums. Loading the other drums is no

problem though. I also own an ATL 1000 which I have been using for 10+ years with

no problems for 4x5, 120 and 220.

The 1000 is virtually the same as the 1500 the only differences being in the extent to

which you can enter your own variable programs.

An addendum ... you really don't ahve to worry about fancy plumbing either. The

Processor will get you to the correct temperatures you just may need to wait longer if

you are doing E6 or C41 for it to get up to the right temperature if you are starting

with rather cold water.

Yes yes they recommend a temperature controlled source but it is not necessary.

The 1000/1500 does have an internal heater to heat the bath and the chemistry but it brings in it's wash water from an external supply, if this is not tempered to the process temperature then you are asking for problems, particularly on 6 bath E6, colour shift and emulsion reticulation being the main ones -- although there are processes that don't have an intermediate wash stage (2 bath c41). There is a 'mobile' kit available which pumps in the wash water from an accumulator that contains a water heater, but it's much more convenient to plumb it in - you DEFINITELY do need a tempered wash supply.

There is also a rechargeable battery available that will keep your process going if the mains fails.

Best wishes.

...but after installing a pressure resistant water boiler and a termostated mixer unit for the water i receive really great results. comparing directly to my lab some cromes i tend to say the atl1000 results look better than the lab cromes. i process now everything at home...this means c41 and cromes, 4x5" till 35mm and sometimes b+w

• 2 years later...