Hello;

I just purchased a Fuji GX 617 with 105 and 300 lenses. The problem

is it didn't come with a manual and I haven't a clue on using the

large format type lenses that came with it. Does anybody know where

I can download a manual. I tried teh Fuji website and there was no

help there

Thanks,

Paul Webster

What do you need to know? I have the Fuji G617 w/ 105 lens, didn't have a manual either, but the camera is easy to use. The only difference w/ the GX is it has interchangeable lenses (make sure to change them when there's no film inside, as there's no darkslide) and an electromagnetic shutter release (requires batteries).

Thanks for the reply and the offer Jim. I got hold of someone in the customer service department at Fuji and they are shipping me a manual for $9.95 plus postage. I just wanted to make sure I didn't screw it up inadvertantly by pushing on something I should pull. After messing around with it I figured it out, and like you say it is pretty straight forward. Thanks again though, I appreciate the offer.

Paul Webster

Paul, my only additional comment is when you load the film, gently apply some pressure to the film spool on the left side to ensure that the take-up spool is taking up the film as tightly as possible. Also, advance the film-advance lever slowly and consistently to ensure it rolls tightly. The first test roll I ever shot in the 617, I cranked on the film advance too quickly (like someone cranking away on the film advance of an old 35mm slr), and the result was loosely wound film. After changing my film advancing habits, I've never encountered a loosely wound spool of film.