Who is this guy, anyway?

david_nebenzahl

There's a seller on a certain li'l old on-line auction site goes by

the handle of "dagor77". <a

href="http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=dagor77@earthlink.net&sort=3&page=2&rows=50&since=-1&showpics=1&stab=0"><b>Click

here</b></a> to see a current list of his auctions. Seems to be from

Southern Cal.

<p>So does anyone know this dude? His descriptions crack me up; right

now, he's apparently vacationing (or working?) in Scotland, so he's

offering little extra bonuses of "Scottish breakfast items" to winning

bidders. He also seems quite knowledgable, and actively involved in,

LF photography.

<p>I just wish I could afford some of his stuff ...

He is certainly a joy to do business with, and reading his adds brighten one's day. He is extremely honest in his descriptions, and I am unfortunately prevented from owning many of the really fine stuff he offers because it always seems to bring absolute top dollar (and then some).

Went to the Highland Games last weekend in Pleasanton CA. Had that Iron Bru. Tastes like pink bubblegum. I.E. it sucks. But it is part of the Scotch experience.

They also had Famous Grouse, two shots a day fer free. Now my budget only allows for Infamous Grouse ($6.25 1.5 litres).

I like dagor77 and his EBay posts, but his reputation precludes ever getting a good deal. Too may people have him in their favorite search list so no bargains fall your way.

The market rules.

tim in san jose

By the way, another thing I like about "dagor77" is the starting price for all his auctions, which is invariably 77¢, whether it's a lousy lens cap or a Rolls-Royce of a 16" lens he's selling.

I ran into another seller the other day, a guy goes by the handle of "cameraguy2" who owns a local photo store, who starts all his auctions at 1¢. Wish more sellers would do that, instead of being paranoid, thinking they're not going to get enough for the auction and setting too high a starting bid.

David...

"Ouch; don't say "Scotch"; it's Scottish. The former applies only to sticky tape and a certain fermented beverage."

I know that. I was being as abrasive as several thousand demented skirt wearing Scotch were the other day. I actually went with a Scottish person who proceeded to spend a half a grand on a skirt.

Men in Plaid... The last kilt you'll ever put on.

Photo content... I took tons of B&W of caber tossing old gents and young women throwing 28 lb cans over their heads. And you think us Polish people are wierd?

tim (bednarski) o'brien in san jose