28-105 MKII discontinued !

mr_jingle

I just think that Canon under-estimated the demand for lenses leading to gaps in supply for the most popular lenses that hit particular countries from time to time. Being in the EU, you could I'm sure happily order it from Germany with only postage to pay over the German price. Or even consider whether importing from the US is a viable option, bearing in mind duties and taxes, additional shipping costs and the exchange rate conversion you'll get from your credit card.

Thanks Mark, I already own this lens and I'm very happy with it.

A friend of mine wanted to buy the same lens but at the shop they told us that Canon discontinued this lens and has no plan to replace it.

Just wondering if it has been discontinued in the rest of EU or in the US too and why, as it was a top seller.

Fabio

It would not surprise me if Canon discontinues all its 28-x zooms because they're only concerned with selling digital cameras and a 28 isn't wide enough. For those cameras a 16, 17 or 18-x zoom is more suitable, and the demands of sharpness (especially in the corners because of the smaller image circle)are lower so it costs them less to design and build.