Review of book "Henri Cartier-Bresson: the Man, the Image, and the World"

Jane Brenton's book of essays, "Henri Cartier-Bresson: the Man, the Image and the World." -------------????????<br>

For some reason I believed that "Henri Cartier-Bresson: the Man, the Image, and the World" is the title of the omnibus edition just published to mark the 95th anniversary of HCB, as well as the title of the exhibition concurrently held.<br>

Am I misreading or are you?

I read that book in Barnes & Noble bookstore yesterday. The layout and most of the photos are the same as in his other books, such as "The World of Henri Cartier-Bresson", 1968, Viking Press. However, there are two chapters about his drawings and family snapshots. I like them a lot.

One of the snapshot of him and his wife in China (1949) was taken at the same place (in front of a laughing Budda in Hangzhou) as a snapshot of Mom's (taken by my Dad last year). That is so lovely.

Michael, what you say is true; I misread. The book includes a collection of essays. I parsed the text of the NYR article subtitle incorrectly, which includes the final line, "by Jane Brenton," which is NYR's standard way of assigning authorship.

Is this the exhibition being held in France right now? Does anyone know if it's coming to the USA, and where I'd find the schedule for various cities (looking for Boston or NYC)?

I read that there are images not found in other HCB books. Has anyone noted if there are many, and are they full plates?