Fuji Quick Load Holder 2

joel_sackett

When you insert the envelope, you must push it until the front metal V shaped profile gets stucked into the holder. This will hold the film in place

when you pull back the envelope to expose your sheet. Then you push the envelope back into the holder making sure it is completely inserted and

to remove the whole QuickLoad sheet, you push the button and this will release the metal clip. You grab your envelope at the palce indicated

where it holds the film as well as the envelope to pull the whole thing out. The Fuji holder is a great tool and is very solid. But never use force as

always. Be careful that the sheet gets not bent when you push it and also that the holder does not move to prevent light from entering.

I've contacted Fuji with this question, but no response has been forthcoming, so let's try it here.

I have a QuickLoad holder purchased new shortly after they were introduced. At the time, transparency films were the only emulsions offered in Fuji packets. Recently, after a period of inactivity, I've used Acros and NPS in the holder. Both those negative emulsions include a hole near the corner with notches. Even in conventional holders, this hole -- supposedly to be used for hanging wet film with a hook -- intrudes into the picture area. However, my QuickLoad holder offsets the exposed area such that images are significantly off center on the 5" dimension, placing the hole even further into pictures. I pulled old transparencies out of the files, and they too are offset. It just didn't matter with them, since they got mounted on a scanner drum anyway. The negatives, besides having a hole, must sit in a glassless enlarger carrier, and tend to slip off at the 4" edge that has virtually no margin.

Does anyone know whether my holder's off-center behavior is typical? Is it in need of adjustment? I wasn't aware that a "QuickLoad Holder 2" existed. Does it solve the centering problem, if indeed that problem is inherent in the original holder's design and not specific to my sample? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Joel - "Quickload Holder 2"?

Sal - that isn't typical. I've had no problems with my QL holder. Is it because the back itself is sitting a little loose behind the GG? Can you tighten the Graflok clips around it to hold it straighter or more correctly in position? I agree that the little hole in Acros is a minor annoyance.

Brian, this problem has nothing to do with the QuickLoad holder's position on a camera back; that's perfectly aligned. Rather, my sample shifts film off-center relative to its own rectangular aperture. The drying hole is bad enough when one uses Acros/NPS in conventional holders, but QuickLoad's pushing it further into the image area while also causing uneven margins makes for significant additional annoyance.