standard prism. I also be purchasing a cable release and 150mm PE

lense.

I need advice on what type of on-camera flash I should purchase

(Quantum, etc.), what bellows hood I should get and where, and what

heavy-duty model tripod I should get for sturdy support (model

number, etc.)

Thanks for your advice!

Nathan

You're going to get lots of different answers. Vivitar 283 for the flash or Metz if you will be using whole rolls of film on flash. The Bronica pro-shade will be the best but if you use filters then the Lee 100mm filter holder plus lee shade would be better. For the tripod the Manfrotto 190 legs plus heavy-duty ball (168?)is ok, the slightly heavier manfrotto 155 legs would be better.

Nathan:

I use a sunpak auto 120J (TTL) flash with the specific ttl module for the ETRSi. As posted above, it's personal preference. I like the quality of the light that I get from the round, dimpled reflector. I also use the Lee pro hood & found that the only issue is that I need to have a custom cokin adapter ring made that allows the use of threaded filters with the hood.

I also have a 50mm lens, a 200mm lens & extension tubes. I primarily shoot landscapes, but have been known to shoot weddings & portraits. I do find the need for a 150mm lens. I have nothing between 75mm & 200mm & that is a big gap.

I have used the Quantum QFlash and a Metz 60 CT1 with my medium format gear. The Metz is very rugged and incredibly powerful. The Quflash was very versatile (bare bulb and all). Both worked well for me. Even though the didn't have TTL metering, the Metz was always dead on the money and I always got great looking negs.

Jim