is used inside the EOS 300v / Rebel Ti.

In my experience only a few times a photo was incorrectly exposured

and printed. Even some photos equivalent with the standard

example 'black dog in white snow' gave good results without changing

the exposure setting.

What are your experiences with Exposure offsets or bracketing with

the EOS 300v / Rebel Ti?

Change

I've found that my Rebel tends to meter about 1/3 of a stop high. I don't have the equipment or time to do a proper calibration test, but experimentally I've found that over exposing by the light meter results in good pictures that rarely need correction in the darkroom.

Then again, maybe I never take pictures of middle gray. :D

I shoot slides on the EOS Kiss, EOS 500. It gets the exposure spot on most of the time. It will underexpose backlit subject. In the 'black dog white snow' situation, the constrast of the scene probably exceed the dynamic range of your film anyway. You will have to make the choice of sacrificing the dog or the snow. With slide film I would sacrifice the dog, with print film I would sacrifice the snow. My 2c. M

I think we all know that the metering system in the Elan 7/30E is excellent and isn't the 300v's metering taken from this?

The 300v is designed so that in fully auto mode the camera allows anybody a good exposure even if pointing it at tricky lighting subjects such as those mentioned.

As mentioned already, with print film you wouldn't really notice an exposure a couple of stops out.

So, I meant technology is a wonderful thing because all this frees you up to just concentrate on the picture and not the metering.