Going Price on Green Paint M6

The poor guy just wanted a simple answer...

:^)

Actually, the green looks quite nice in person, quite pretty. Hard to tell from the pictures though. Better finish than some of the recent black paint Leicas.

No, I don't own one but I saw the camera up close for a minute or two once.

It looks worse in the picture than it does in real life, but its still not my cup of tea. I

once saw a picture of a Bundeswehr (Current German Army) M, which looked a heck

of a lot better. It was a flat drab green. Not garden hose green.

;-)

feli

The limited edition safari seems to be in the $3000-$3500 range (from my memory).

There are also non-limited edition versions around, probably put together from spare parts for the safari. I saw one on ebay a while ago built from a M6TTL .58 (I think), with safari top and bottom, M3 advance lever and rewind knob from the Hong Kong company that normally sells the safari model. They put it together from a demo M6TTL and some spare parts. I believe it was just a tiny bit more than $2000.

It actually looked kind of nice, like a green Bessa R2, but it was a real Leica instead.

The true test is how it looks after a few years of banging into other cameras hanging off the same shoulder, the wear under the straps, how nicely the baseplate scars up, the thumb rubbed area under the wind lever, kinda like the original 1950's vintage MP bodies look now, but green. Makes you wonder if anybody will actually get one to that point of cosmetic perfection, doesn't it?

The true value of the different colored Leicas is something different: I got the impression that the green one absorbes the atmospheric vibrations slightly better than the black or chrome one and therefore produces sharper images at this tiny little upper left corner of the pictures...