Tamron Fixed 135mm f2.8 lens

muli

I have a Ricoh KR10M camera with a 28-80mm lens, i have the

opportunity to buy a Tamron with 135mm f2.8 fixed focal length lens.

Now the guy said this lens is good for portraits but i have no idea

about the lens and whats good for what. It has no focus which really

confused me of handing giving him $120 australian dollars.

I believe your camera has a Pentax-type K-mount lens fitting. A Tamron lens to fit it would be the manual focus Adaptall type with a K-mount adapter. I don't understand when you say the lens has no focus, do you mean it doesn't zoom? Try the lens on the camera. If it fits and you actually can't focus it, then the lens is broken.

135mm is acceptable for a portrait lens, although 85-105 might be a little better. the reason for this is that 135mm is a bit long and tends to flatten the aspect of your subject. People with fat or wide faces might not like the results, which would exaggerate the wideness.

The 135mm lens is a terrific focal length for landscapes, street shooting, etc. It is my favorite lens for my Pentax K-mounts. It looks as if the rpice being asked is US $80, and that's high end for good 135mm Pentax K-mount glass. You can probably get a good 135mm f/2.8 in Pentax brand for less, especially in your part of the world. If you use fast film, the Pentax-M, 135mm f/3.5 would be a good, smaller, quality alternative.

It sounds very expensive to me. If you want a decent 135mm look for a Soligor or a Photax, both of which I believe were sold in Australia. In the UK you'd expect to pay around £15-25 for one of these so you can work out what you ought to pay in Australian dollars.

The lens HAS to be able to focus, otherwise it is broken for sure. It would be a nice lens, and most probably quite a bit sharper than your zoom. However, A$120 is a lot of cash for a third party 135mm 2.8 lens in K-mount. I paid A$69 for a Minolta MD 135mm 2.8 at Cashies in Canberra - that was admittedly a steal, but you should be able to get an original manufacturer's lens for under A$100, and a third party lens for about A$60. Have a look a Cash Converters, they often sell stuff for cheap, but don't expect them to give you any advice. The sales staff usually has enough trouble to work out which end of the lens attaches to the camera ;-)

sorry got zoom and focus confused, the lens has focus. Got on ebay the today and found a few lenses that fit my camera. If u guys could give some /infohelp it would be appreciated very much.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2935178842&category=4688">Sigma 28mm 1:2.8 mini-wide Pentax K </a>

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2934182823&category=707">TOKINA 80-200MM F4 LENS FIT PENTAX RICOH K </a>

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2934174270&category=707">28MM F2.8 WIDE ANGLE LENS FIT PENTAX RICOH K </a>

Try the following

Kiron 70-210 F4.5 Macro for k mount or Vivitar series 1 70-210mm 3.5 for k mount (the best lens in this range is the Tamron 80-200mm SP LD F2.8 adaptall which i just picked up another at $200US)

Wideangle Kiron or Vivitar 24mm F2

Tamron 90mm 2.5 macro adaptall macro and portraiture lens