A good flash bracket for the 10d and 420ex

I've tried more brackets, trying to find one that's easy to hold and not too darn bulky. The one bracket I decided on for my Elan 7 with battery pack BP300 and 550EX flash is the Stroboframe Quick Flip, but not the one for 35mm cameras. The one for Medium Format cameras has been the best for me. The only difference between the two is, instead of a narrow bottom you have a square platform to mount the camera so, unless you have a HEAVY zoom mounted the whole outfit will stand up on it's own on a table. You still have the quick flip arm just like with the 35mm model. Works great with my camera with either the 17-40L or 70-200 F4L lenses mounted. If you buy through an online store like B&H I think that bracket will be right in line as to what you're looking to pay.

Someone on this site recommended the VH 2000 flash bracket by Stroboframe to me.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh4/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=52784&is=REG

I've been very happy with it. It is a lot smaller than the other flash brackets and allows you to grip the camera instead of the bracket. It works well with the 10D and doesn't block the battery compartment unless you are using the verticle grip.

After going through a zillion brackets, I landed on the

Stroboframe Press T, which is a flip type bracket.

It is the lightest, smallest one of them all, and you grip the

camera rather than the bracket itself. The stalk is adjustable to

use the 10D as is, or with the stalk raised, with the Battery Grip.

There is a little flex hook to keep the off-camera cord neat, and a

fold out arm on the base so even with a 24-70 mounted it stands

flat and upright.

I use this set up for weddings as a back-up to the 1Ds. I use the

Stroboframe quick release baseplate which is designed for

Stroboframe brackets, and a camera plate with anti-twist plate to

keep everything in place during a hectic wedding shoot.

It breaks down and sets up really fast for more compact

transport from church to reception, etc.<div>005Zu7-13733084.jpg.7a98a120b9d3aa3b8f313e003e6540c4.jpg</div>