Thank you!

maurice_bryant

I had asked a question regarding the Kiev 60 camera and a Kiev /

Nikon mount a few days ago. After reading the reports concerning the

Kiev 60 (frame overlaps, inaccurate meters, etc.) I've just decided

to skip it and stick with trying to build up my Kowa system. You

guys have saved me a lot of heartache! Thanks again!

• 3 years later...

I use a Nikon F5 and F100 for 90% of my work but wanted something in MF so I got a YashicaMat 124G. This was a great move and I still have the camera. I later owned and sold the Mamiya RB 67 Pro-S sytem and the Bronica S2 system. I now own a Koni Omega Rapid and Rapid Omega 200 as well as the Kiev 60 with the 45mm, 80mm, Zeiss 120mm and Zeiss 180mm.

I love the Kiev 60 as it gives me what I need: quick handling, fast lens (3 of the 4 listed above are 2.8) and I got the system from a fellow www.photo.net member at a great price. If I was using MF exclusively I would want a Hassie or Rollei, but the Kiev 60 with Zeiss glass is cheap, fast, and produces great quality. You do have to deal with flash sync of only 1/30 but that is not a problem for me.

I would be very hesitant about the Kiev 88, but the Kiev 60 is tough as nails in my opinion. Just know that if you buy the Kiev 60 it is not perfect but it sure is a great system with the ability to use the Zeiss glass. I would look into a reputable dealer or www.photo.net member who is selling.