another e-bay scam?

greg_mason

I sent the following email to the seller:

"Hello:

If you don't mind how long have you owned this

camera and how much have you used it. Can you tell

me what lenses you have used it with and if the

meter works? I appreciate your information. It's

not often that such a nice example comes along.

Donald"

To which the seller replied:

"Good day!

This peace was never used. Condition is like new.

Meter is working properly.

Thank you."

Hum- Thought provoking...

Charles, those were neat questions, as he obviously didn't look at the camera. Something smells funny, and I'd stay away.

Even though the camera looks pristine, I worry about the 3-day and the MO restriction. Those don't sound right also.

And a camera in that good a condition should bring between $1500 and $2500, depending on the buyer.

I had the chance to buy a new one in 1977 at my local dealer for $1000. Poor rate of return even if I didn't intend to use it, which is false. I would've done better with the 1967 Alfa Spider boat tail for $2000 available at the same time (assuming that I didn't wreck it). Poor rate of return in the future as well, stay away.

If you ever question an auction, ask the seller something which is completely bogus. I was going to ask this seller before i found out the auction had ended:

"Can you please tell me if this is a type A or type P mount socket? As i am sure you know, the type P is far, far more sturdy!"

By saying that one choice is more desireable than the other, he will likely say "Oh yeah, it's deff a P-socket... wouldn't want to go with an A!" You and I both know this is complete crap, but the seller wouldn't suspect a thing!