0 uploaded public photos

johnelstad

Since you "took the plunge" Mike, and uploaded one of your images, I thought I'd give you and others who are thinking about doing this a quick heads up.

Due to the large volume of uploads, not many people will see your image. Most will not appreciate that it is large format. Unless it is a splashy image, like the current POW, you will likely get average ratings, so ignore them. To a lot of people landscapes and nature are boring. I had one of my images rated as "the worst image ever posted on photonet" by some crank. I learned to ignore such drivel. That particular image has been printed by request by several of my friends and hangs in their homes.

Leave your images there no matter what ratings or comments appear. Other large format folks will get to see them and appreciate them when they click on your name when you post comments in the forum or comment on other's images. The best and most satisfying way to get feedback is simply make comments on other people's images. They will in turn look at yours and comment.

Note there are large differences in monitor brightness and contrast. Your images may appear too dark or low contrast on someone else's monitor, and they may comment that something's wrong with your image. There's no way get around this so just go with the flow.

This has been my experience over the last year. I have met several interesting people all over the world through email by sharing images this way.